Be careful how you look at the photographs on this website. You might see family who have passed away.
Archival Resources Details Printed Material
- File Title
- Printed Material
- National Centre for Indigenous Genomics
- PUB 51-60
- Date Range
- 1968 - 1990
This file contains printed material: listing 'Publications by the Human Genetics Group' from 1968 to 1976; an article, 'Scientist's Viewpoint', The Australian Science Teachers Journal, (1990) 36 (2) :88-94 in which Professor Sue Serjeantson is interviewed; a journal article from Acta Anthropogenetica (1984) 8: 199-207, Placental Enzymes: A Population Genetic Study by N.M. Blake.; a journal article from Man and Culture in Oceania (1987) 3:19-32, 'DNA Polymorphisms in Oceania: A Study of Haplotypes within the Beta-globin and the Albumin-Gc Gene Clusters' by L. Zhong Chen, P.G. Board and R.L. Kirk.; a journal article from Archaeology & Physical Anthropology in Oceania (1990) 3: 238-251, 'Population Genetic Studies in Australian Aborigines of the Northern Territory' by R.L. Kirk, N.M. Blake, L.Y.C. Lai and D.R. Cooke.; a journal article from Proceedings of the Indian Statistical Institute Golden Jubilee International Conference on Human Genetics and Adaptation, (1982) 1:52-63, 'Genetics and Human Evolution' by R.L. Kirk; an abstract from Japanese Journal of Human Genetics (1981) 26 (2):160-161, 'Distribution of apha 1 antitrypsin phenotypes in Asian populations; an article from, Annals of Human Biology (1985) 12:551-562, 'Proceedings of the Society of the Study of Human Biology'; a reprint from Science (1977) 197: 17-25, 'Australia Antigen and the Biology of Hepatitis B' by B.B. Blumberg.
- Follow the link http://ncig.anu.edu.au/governance-ethics-framework to find out how to access the NCIG collections.
Related Published resources
- Blake, N. M., Placental enzymes: A population genetic study, Acta Anthropologenetica, vol. 8, 1984, 199-207 pp, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6152771. Details
- Blumberg, B., Australia antigen and the biology of hepatitis B., Science (New York, N.Y.), vol. 197, 1977, 17-25 pp, http://www.sciencemag.org/content/197/4298/17.full.pdf?sid=555a173f-dc1a-4249-ac61-c224a74c9cf2. Details
- Chen, L.Z; Board, P.G and Kirk, R.L, 'DNA polymorphisms in Oceania: A Study of Haplotypes within the beta-globin and the Albumin-Gc Gene Clusters', Man and Culture in Oceania, no. 3, 1987, pp. 19-32. Details
- Kirk, R. L., Physiological, demographic and genetic adaptation of Australian Aboriginals., Ecological biogeography of Australia, A. Keast, Junk, 1981, 1801-1816 pp, http://www.healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/key-resources/bibliography/?lid=12099. Details
- Kirk, R. L., 'Genetics and human evolution', in Proceedings from Indian Statistical Institute Golden Jubilee International Conference, 1982. Details
- Miyake, K., Iino, S., Yokono, H., Oka, H., Oda, T., & Kirk, R. L., 'Distribution of alpha 1-antitrypsin phenotypes in Asian populations', Japanese Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 26, 1980, p. 161. Details
- Parker, Lesley, 'Scientist's viewpoint: Professor Sue Serjeantson', The Australian Science Teachers Journal, vol. 36, no. 2, 1990, pp. 88-94. Details